Study Hacks Senior School Program
A Teacher-Led Program to Supercharge the Way Your Students Learn
Do your students struggle to get started with their work?
Do they have no idea how to study effectively?
In this program, Dr Jane Genovese shares with students effective ways to get started with their school work and learn information.
Forget the idea of reading your books over and over again or highlighting entire paragraphs of information. Old-fashioned study methods are painful, boring and not very effective.
There is a better way. Dr Jane Genovese will show you how!
What's included in this resource?
2. Access to videos
3. Summary sheet for student
4. Resources for teachers to facilitate four hands-on sessions
5. Student access to the videos (a separate login link is provided)
How does the pre-recorded session work?
Teachers are provided with a script which they can follow and/or adapt to introduce the videos and facilitate break-out activities.
The session runs for approximately one hour. Alternatively, you can split the session into two and run it over two class periods on different days.
If students are unable to attend the session, you can give them access to the pre-recorded videos and summary sheet via a student login link. This way no one misses out.
What are the video topics? And how long do they go for?
There are five videos on the following topics:
2. Part 1 - Defend Your Focus (6:33 mins)
3. Part 2 - Defend Your Focus (4:03 mins)
4. Supercharged Study - Learn More in Less Time (12:04 mins)
5. Double the Impact - Dual Coding (6:39 mins)
Follow-Up Resource: Hands-On Sessions
There is a manual and worksheets for teachers to facilitate four follow-up sessions.
These sessions are designed to give students an opportunity to experiment with the different strategies.
The four follow-up sessions are:
1. Double the Impact: Dual Coding
2. Make It Stick: Active Recall
3. Focus Your Mind: Work like a Sprinter
4. Conquer Calm: Rapid Relaxation Strategies
Each session runs for approximately 1 hour.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr Jane Genovese has over 15 years of experience working with thousands of secondary and tertiary students. She regularly delivers presentations on topics such as effective study habits, combating procrastination, and cultivating better focus. She has degrees in Law and Psychology and a PhD from Murdoch University.